DCF final home inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

StressedMom

Okay now that I haven't had my son home since the 29th of last month I've waited for my "drug test" paperwork to get to the drug testing place and I've taken the drug test. Now today I'm waiting for him to come do the "home inspection". Knowing my house will pass. Is there anything I should expect? Like a "case plan" or something? I feel like I've suffered enough. And really don't want to continue with these ppl any longer than I have to. Any suggestions?

Your interaction with them is entirely voluntary. You have no obligation to cooperate with them or do anything at all that they ask of you.
Personally, I would tell them to suck an egg if they wanted to inspect my home.
Their option is to seek an order from the court to compel you to comply, but that takes a certain amount of information that they may not have without your cooperation.
You are not at their mercy. Take charge of your situation.

Your interaction with them is entirely voluntary. You have no obligation to cooperate with them or do anything at all that they ask of you.
Personally, I would tell them to suck an egg if they wanted to inspect my home.
Their option is to seek an order from the court to compel you to comply, but that takes a certain amount of information that they may not have without your cooperation.
You are not at their mercy. Take charge of your situation.

That ship sailed a month ago.

I agree with your sentiments, Moose, as they are mine, too.

But, this nice lady was bamboozled and is already in their evil grasp.

The quickest way to get out (unless she has oodles of loot laying about), is to do as they say.

I don't see any reason she can't just ignore them if she has not already been ordered by the court to comply.
Social services can either cry about it or they can get the proper orders. They don't have authority to compel her to do a darn thing without the court backing it.
I would make sure something else came up when the inspection time comes. Maybe an emergency run to the grocery store for some strawberry shortcake supplies. Whatever the case, I wouldn't be there, and I would stop taking their calls.
Nothing good comes from cooperating with this. If social services has reason to believe the children are in danger they have the tools to take action. There is no need to help them out.

I don't see any reason she can't just ignore them if she has not already been ordered by the court to comply.
Social services can either cry about it or they can get the proper orders. They don't have authority to compel her to do a darn thing without the court backing it.
I would make sure something else came up when the inspection time comes. Maybe an emergency run to the grocery store for some strawberry shortcake supplies. Whatever the case, I wouldn't be there, and I would stop taking their calls.
Nothing good comes from cooperating with this. If social services has reason to believe the children are in danger they have the tools to take action. There is no need to help them out.

I agree.

But, this one approaches a HOBSON's CHOICE for me.

It borders on being a SELF HELP REMEDY.

I never advise any client, involved in any DOMESTIC related dispute (or child custody matter) to visit the other party's home or workplace.

Had she said NO originally, I agree, this would never have happened without a court order.

But, once you submit to the AUTHORITAY of THOSE WHO PROFESS to PROTECT CHILDREN, you're pretty much toast, UNLESS you've got Scrooge McDuck MONEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back