Non responsive "caseworker" DCF Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

StressedMom

Okay here goes..... I've been reading on this site since I started searching for answers. And boy do I wish I had known a third of what I do now.

On 4/29/14 dcf entered my life AGAIN. I've had plenty of allegations made against me over the past 12 years fighting a nasty custody battle. All of my cases have been closed with no findings. But then again I have always complied with their requests (home inspection drug tests ect) However this "caseworker" had not faxed my paperwork in for the drug test NOR has he returned ANY of my calls. I have left messages on his personal cell phone # he provided and I have called the main office in WPB and left messages and gotten the same cell # from them. To no avil. I wouldn't have an issue except the caseworker spoke to my son (12yo) at school that Tuesday morning and then contacted his father that FRIDAY informing him to keep custody until the investigation was completed.

I guess my question is

What do I do? I'd be happy to comply with any of his requests. (Nothing to hide) but I can't get this guy to return or answer his phone.... jharris are ya here? The advise I've read of yours is wonderful and spot on. ANY and ALL advise would be greatly appreciated!

Send him a letter with information, mentioning that you haven't heard from him, and send it CRRR?

I'd love to send a letter. But where would I even start? Send it to where? The main office? C/O (care of) with the caseworkers name? This guy didn't leave any paperwork, a card, he left NOTHING when he did the home inspection that day (I wasn't home).

That is really shoddy, and unfortunately really common.

Is the caseworker's name listed on the office's website?

Can you Google his name for more info?

We'll look at that. He JUST called me back. I said to him I have left you numerous messages. He didn't even reply and ever straight on asking if I had taken the drug test. I told him they didn't have my paperwork he says they must not have looked for it then. REALLY!!! Told him I could go today for the drug test and asked when we could schedule tge home inspection. He told me I had to take the drug test then he would check his schedule. I'm over this guy. He hasn't followed any of the laws (that I'm aware of) how does he think he can drag this out without proper court orders ect?

If you can find out the office he works at, you could report (call or send letter) to the head (ie supervisor) of the office & report him.

We'll look at that. He JUST called me back. I said to him I have left you numerous messages. He didn't even reply and ever straight on asking if I had taken the drug test. I told him they didn't have my paperwork he says they must not have looked for it then. REALLY!!! Told him I could go today for the drug test and asked when we could schedule tge home inspection. He told me I had to take the drug test then he would check his schedule. I'm over this guy. He hasn't followed any of the laws (that I'm aware of) how does he think he can drag this out without proper court orders ect?

Unfortunately both of you are seeing the results of a dramatically under-funded system. You're probably 1 of 30-40 cases on his plate. It doesn't excuse him, but it does explain things somewhat.

You're angry, he's frustrated, and though again I'm not excusing it, maybe it would become a better relationship if you swallowed your frustration (and you are NOT in the wrong here!) and became his favorite client?

All of that notwithstanding, do you have an attorney on board?

If you can find out the office he works at, you could report (call or send letter) to the head (ie supervisor) of the office & report him.

Unfortunately that's likely not going to make much difference. If anything, it might put Mom back a few weeks while the next case-worker gets up-to-date with Mom's case.

To StressedMom:

Call (800) 962-2873.
Phone Options:
Press 1 to report suspected abuse, neglect or abandonment of a child
Press 2 to report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of the elderly or a vulnerable adult

Press 3 to verify the identity of a child protective investigator who recently visited you

Press 4 for information/referrals to other services in your local area.

You might want to read the information posted on these sites.
It could be of assistance to you.
It'll certainly reveal you're not alone in your plight.

There are ways to seek redress, too.

http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/abuse-hotline/howtoreport

http://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/

http://www.petition2congress.com/2106/call-an-investigation-dcfs-in-washington-state/view/

http://www.myflfamilies.com/contact

http://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...of-children-and-families-florida-c132691.html

http://www.liftingtheveil.org/falsification.htm

Thx Army Judge. I'll take a look at those sites. Appreciate the links :)

Proserpina- I checked my anger & frustration at the door the whole 2 times I have spoken to him. I understand he may have lots of cases but I think by law there are procedural things he needs to do within a certain time frame. My son has been with his dad since this "caseworker" came to my house (4/29). He spoke to my son that day but didn't contact his dad until that Friday? & aren't they suppose to interview and do a home inspection ect of the "non-offending parent" before placing the child with them?

Okay now that I haven't had my son home since the 29th of last month I've waited for my "drug test" paperwork to get to the drug testing place and I've taken the drug test. Now today I'm waiting for him to come do the "home inspection". Knowing my house will pass. Is there anything I should expect? Like a "case plan" or something? I feel like I've suffered enough. And really don't want to continue with these ppl any longer than I have to. Any suggestions?

Just curious about custody.... do you have a current order establishing custody and visitation? If so, and if according to that order you are supposed to have your child, all you need to do is go pick him up and present a copy of the order to law enforcement if needed.
Unless someone else can produce an order that supersedes yours then you should have custody per the order.
The social worker's phone call to dad telling him to keep the child is not enforceable. Produce documentation to anyone who gets in your way of custody and don't back down unless they produce something more current from the court.

Just curious about custody.... do you have a current order establishing custody and visitation? If so, and if according to that order you are supposed to have your child, all you need to do is go pick him up and present a copy of the order to law enforcement if needed.
Unless someone else can produce an order that supersedes yours then you should have custody per the order.
The social worker's phone call to dad telling him to keep the child is not enforceable. Produce documentation to anyone who gets in your way of custody and don't back down unless they produce something more current from the court.

As far as I MISUNDERSTAND this mess, Moose, the nice lady has already gotten caught up in this.
I don't know if the BAMBOOZLERS obtained a court order, but dad has custody of the kid.
The child was given by mom to dad under threats and duress of the BAMBOOZLERS.

I don't see this ending unless she plays nice (and if a next time occurs, just say NO), or she goes to court and fighst this insanity; further delaying the thing she wants most, HER CHILD.

That's how I MISUNDERSTAND it, so I'm sure others will clarify.

Nonetheless, you and I are in complete agreement on how to prevent this (and most things), just say NO.

Okay now that I haven't had my son home since the 29th of last month I've waited for my "drug test" paperwork to get to the drug testing place and I've taken the drug test. Now today I'm waiting for him to come do the "home inspection". Knowing my house will pass. Is there anything I should expect? Like a "case plan" or something? I feel like I've suffered enough. And really don't want to continue with these ppl any longer than I have to. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, its Friday, and your options are NONE.

You play the game their way, get Junior back, and say NO THANKS if this ever happens again.

Always be polite, but let them (and others know), that NO means NO.

They'll threaten, and say many things, you just keep saying NO.

You are only required to do things (unless being placed under arrest by a law enforcement officer) if you voluntarily agree to do that something, or if a court order is issued.

If there is no court order, my stock answer is always, NO, a simple NO.

Then, I politely end the conversation (excusing myself), or asking the other party to leave.

In fact, I NEVER open my door to talk to people I don't know WELL.

My friends and relatives also know to ask permission before they pop over.

WHY?

I never answer the doorbell, admitting them onto the property.

No prevents most things, and avoiding people most other things.

It is my understanding that the child is with dad by request only, not with any emergency custody order.
No matter what that social worker said on the phone, if a court order was not issued then the current one, if there is one, is in effect. If she has such an existing order indicating she has custody all she needs to do is go to dad's house and pick up her son, or get him from school or any other place he may be. If dad refuses then she might leave disappointed, but dad could face his own mess of problems for violating the custody order.
Mom needs to stand up for herself and not be bullied or intimidated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back