want to leave state for a job

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have a job and a place ready for me in Wisconsin. I have give my son mom a couple months to let me go but she still don't know. She wants me to be responsible of all the airline tickets back here and back to Wisconsin every summer and Christmas. I am willing to do that I can go but still she wont sign agreement with that. So I don't know what to do because the job starts in the beginning in June. Can anyone help?

You shoud discuss this with a lawyer.
I'm clear on two things, you're free to move anywhere you desire.
You don't need court permission to do so.
But, a agreement needs to be hammered out about baby.
If you're willing to pay the transportation costs to move baby back and forth, probably get fewer days (or more days in succession), and pay for your flights to get baby; the devil is always in the details.
That's why you'll need a lawyer to hammer out a fair visitation plan.

One word of caution, it might mean you taking days off to fly back to Florida until baby gets closer to five or six years old.

Plus, judges are more inclined (as are medical professionals) to give mommy more time with baby, because baby has special needs better fulfilled by mommy.

See a lawyer, tell the lawyer what you'd like to do, and the lawyer will tell you what works n your current county.

Good luck.

Who has custody per the court orders? If it's Mom, then no worries, you can move. But yes, you will more than likely be responsible for any costs to fly Junior across the country.

How old is the child at this time? If an older child & not a baby, you shouldn't have to fly with the child. If a baby, then you most likely will as noted by army judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back