father wants to sign off , I dont want him to Pay CS how does itwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sallyhorse

Ok my sons dad just informed me that he wants to sign off on his son. I don't want him to pay child support anymore, we both are agreeing on this. Is there any way we can do this and how would we go about doing it.

You can't do this beaten yourselves.
You'll have to petition the court, well, he will.
I suggest you retain attorneys to pursue this.
Be advised, it's rare for the state to allow a fish to wiggle off the child support hook.

Specifically addressed in MI - the only time a voluntary TPR will be approved is when there's a stepparent adoption (or other adoption) in the wings.

That said, if Dad doesn't want to see the child there's no law forcing him to do so - similarly with child support.

(Except if CS is owed to the state)

Yes whe will be filing a petition, I just wasn't sure if there was a way we could stop CS. He has no back CS to be owed. And I have read a few different things about how there doesn't have to be a step parent and some say you do ?

Yes whe will be filing a petition, I just wasn't sure if there was a way we could stop CS. He has no back CS to be owed. And I have read a few different things about how there doesn't have to be a step parent and some say you do ?

If in doubt, consult an attorney in your county licensed to practice law in Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back