My Attorney Did not show, sent Replacement Attorney at last Minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauricioca

I am the petitioner in a Child Custody and Support seeking to have more time with my son, actual order is I pick up every Thursday at 5:00 pm. and drop off Saturday at 4:30 pm. I was seeking to have more time with my son.
New order is I pick up my son every other week on Friday at 3:00 pm and drop off Sunday at 6:00 pm. I have less time now.
My Attorney did not show up at court and sent a replacement Attorney who was unprepared and did not know anything about the case. As per judge, there was no child custody proposal submitted, improper documents filed or not filed.
My questions are this: Can I appeal new order? should I request a new hearing a week or two after original hearing? Could I get a full refund from my attorney for not performing on my case? he already offer me to return half of the money.
Please let me know.
Thank you for your time

First of all, why interfere with the child's education and daily routine during the school year?
Your current visitation schedule might be better for you, but it's not better for your child.
Why not negotiate more days during the summer?
As to your question, what if your attorney had a heart attack, his mom died, or his child was struck by a car?
We've all missed important things because God gave us something far more important.
I'd discuss your feelings with him, or send him a letter asking what happened, and that you're not pleased

You could also file a complaint with your state's bar association.

No one here can tell you how your attorney will seek to satisfy you.
You'll have to seek those answers by hearing them from his mouth, or by observing his actions with your eyes.

Last edited:
I found out after I hired attorney that he has a History of not showing up at court and not filing documents properly.
As per my child custody request, I was seeking 1 or 2 extra Sundays a month plus half of his vacation time. Nothing of this was proposed nor filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back