Is this a conflict of interest? Answer needed asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinpo1

I am currently in a custody battle over my 17 year old daughter (turns 18 in September) who decided after 17 years that she wanted to move in with her father because she did not like my rules. The father has not had any contact with her since she was 4. I called a lawyer for a FREE phone consultation. The lawyer basically told me that she could take my money, but at 17 going on 18, the court will almost certainly let the father have custody if that is what my daughter wants. That same attorney is now representing the father! Would this be considered a "conflict of interest"?

I am currently in a custody battle over my 17 year old daughter (turns 18 in September) who decided after 17 years that she wanted to move in with her father because she did not like my rules. The father has not had any contact with her since she was 4. I called a lawyer for a FREE phone consultation. The lawyer basically told me that she could take my money, but at 17 going on 18, the court will almost certainly let the father have custody if that is what my daughter wants. That same attorney is now representing the father! Would this be considered a "conflict of interest"?

Nope, because your phone consultation hadn't yet established an attorney-client relationship.
I'd be thankful the attorney was honest.
Your daughter's father wasn't as smart as you were.
He's probably chosen to spend money to legally slap you around, as much as to win a prize he abandoned 13 years ago
If you're smart, you'll simply allow this little charade to play itself out.
You tried, your daughter, as many that age are wont to do; chose to fight mom.

Let dad deal with those teenage hormones, for all practical purposes you took her from a helpless baby and brought her to the brink of adulthood. Take a break, mom, she'll come crawling back by autumn anyway.

Think of the attorney as meter on a taxi, and the numbers are changing rapidly.
You can look at him and see the dollar balance declining, as the attorney's meter is spinning.

Isn't it nice to see another sucker paying for something once in a blue moon? LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back