custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley123

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and want to file for full custody once my daughter is born my childs father seems to think he will get split custodyof a newborn child and I really don't think its him that's wants her his mom is the one that is encouraging him to do this because she wants to be involved. I have called police on him before but he is 19 and his mother and friends lie for him even if they were not there for an argument I'm afraid his mom is going to try and take the baby from me. What do I do

From a legal standpoint, as soon as paternity is decided he has the right to file for full custody and basically the same things you're able to request.

In some places, unwed parents have very little (read: "No") chance at having a 50/50 timeshare right off the bat (Mom would ordinarily have full custody until the legalities are sorted out and by that point she generally has "status quo" on her side). Ohio is not one of those states; fathers can and do end up as the custodial parent right off the bat.

Once visitation and custody are awarded, unless you can prove that Grandma is a threat, your ex is allowed to take your mutual child around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back