Custody Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Npeck83

Okay I have a boyfriend who has 2 children and is currently going through a custody battle. We live together and I also have 2 children who I have already gone through that with over 8 years ago. They are going for 50/50 joint and physcial custody. They had discussed different options and she has settled with the 2 3 2 version versus the week on week off overnight on Wed. I guess my question is I dont believe that this is the best option for several reasons first they have absolutly no co parenting communication which makes this unbelievebly hard and 2nd I feel with all 4 of the kids being in school this is to much of a disruptive schedule for all of the children. I have been trying to do as much research on this as I can so that when they go to ciurt we can show the week on week off would be best for everyone involved is their any where I can find this research or does any of this really matter?

Your boyfriend needs a lawyer.
Unless you're a lawyer, you won't be allowed to advocate this matter.
It sounds as if his "former spouse" has a lawyer.
Unless he gets a lawyer, it'll likely be "2-3-2", whether you like it or not.
He can advocate for himself, so if he's going LAWYERLESS, you can try to school him before he gets to court.
By the way, the best for everyone involved EXCLUDES YOU AND YOUR TWO CHILDREN.

Its what is BEST for HIS and HER TWO CHILDREN, not HIM, not HER, but THEIR TWO CHILDREN.

You have good ideas, and you have lived this nightmare.

But, this is no longer about YOU, HIM, or HER; its about the TWO KIDS, and your idea is best for them because of school.
A compromise might be 2-3-2 during the summer school break, and YOUR PLAN during the school year.
In fact, EXPERTS say it is better that the kids stay with one parent MONDAY through FRIDAY, and spend SATURDAY through SUNDAY afternoon with the other during the school year.

Whatever either person does now, until the youngest becomes an adult, is for the kiddos.

Okay I have a boyfriend who has 2 children and is currently going through a custody battle. We live together and I also have 2 children who I have already gone through that with over 8 years ago. They are going for 50/50 joint and physcial custody. They had discussed different options and she has settled with the 2 3 2 version versus the week on week off overnight on Wed. I guess my question is I dont believe that this is the best option for several reasons first they have absolutly no co parenting communication which makes this unbelievebly hard and 2nd I feel with all 4 of the kids being in school this is to much of a disruptive schedule for all of the children. I have been trying to do as much research on this as I can so that when they go to ciurt we can show the week on week off would be best for everyone involved is their any where I can find this research or does any of this really matter?

I'd like to applaud you for actually thinking ahead to this extent - too many parents don't. :)

You're right to be cautious. A 50/50 timeshare is generally only going to be awarded if both parents agree and can work together - long term. Depending on the ages of the children, week on/week off might be better than 2-3-2.

In terms of communication, your boyfriend might want to consider Family Wizard to communicate with Mom. It can be a sanity-saver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back