Premises Liability Lawyers responce time regarding an out of court settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotboater

I have a friend that got a $20,000 payment from her attorney and later she heard of an out of court settlement regard a personal injury lawsuit that she was being represented by the said attorney in Florida. although she was never told what the settlement was and was never given a list of the expenses. They had an agreement that he would get 33% of the settlement. Is there a time limit that the attorney can hold the money? and is there a statue of limitations that my friend has to file a complaint if she gets no reply.

She is about to do that, her boy friend has been encouraging her to follow up regarding the finalization of her case. She at the time thought that was her settlement ( the 20k) and after discussing with myself I told her I would try and find out where her position was regarding the above questions. On my way leaving their house yesterday I told her she needed to call and try to get the information asap and that she may have waited to long to follow up already, not to smart huh? BTW she is in AZ.

She is about to do that, her boy friend has been encouraging her to follow up regarding the finalization of her case. She at the time thought that was her settlement ( the 20k) and after discussing with myself I told her I would try and find out where her position was regarding the above questions. On my way leaving their house yesterday I told her she needed to call and try to get the information asap and that she may have waited to long to follow up already, not to smart huh? BTW she is in AZ.

It's never too late. The Florida state bar association will investigate these peculiar situations. In fact,she might wish to contact them, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back