Other Debt Fourth Judicial District Attorney Bad check program

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmith2014

I was going through my old emails and I ran across a "official notice" from Fourth Judicial District Attorney Bad Check Restitution Program all the way back in 2012. They said
"You have been accused again of violating Colorado Criminal Code 18-5-205, entitled "Fraud by check". A conviction under this statute for a
fraudulent check less than $500 is punishable by up to one (1) year imprisonment and/or up to $1,000 fine. A conviction for a fraudulent check
of $500 or more but less than $1,000 is punishable up to eighteen (18) months imprisonment and/or up to $5,000 fine. A conviction for a
fraudulent check of over $1,000 is punishable by up to three (3) years imprisonment and up to $100,000 fine. See page 5 for details on the
party(s) initiating this allegation."

The balance for the check due was $160.00

I checked my credit and no judgments have been reported against me in that amount or from this entity. As it happens I need to go back to Colorado for a visit and am worried that there may be a warrant for this.

My question is would they issue a warrant for such a small amount and how can I check to see if there is a warrant out for this? I don't have a Colorado license anymore and haven't lived there in over 2 years.

Thanks for your help!

Did you open an attachment? If you did, I suggest scanning your computer immediately for virii/malware.

I was going through my old emails and I ran across a "official notice" from Fourth Judicial District Attorney Bad Check Restitution Program all the way back in 2012. They said
"You have been accused again of violating Colorado Criminal Code 18-5-205, entitled "Fraud by check". A conviction under this statute for a
fraudulent check less than $500 is punishable by up to one (1) year imprisonment and/or up to $1,000 fine. A conviction for a fraudulent check
of $500 or more but less than $1,000 is punishable up to eighteen (18) months imprisonment and/or up to $5,000 fine. A conviction for a
fraudulent check of over $1,000 is punishable by up to three (3) years imprisonment and up to $100,000 fine. See page 5 for details on the
party(s) initiating this allegation."

The balance for the check due was $160.00

I checked my credit and no judgments have been reported against me in that amount or from this entity. As it happens I need to go back to Colorado for a visit and am worried that there may be a warrant for this.

My question is would they issue a warrant for such a small amount and how can I check to see if there is a warrant out for this? I don't have a Colorado license anymore and haven't lived there in over 2 years.

Thanks for your help!

Your answer, assuming the email wasn't a scam, lies with the DA's office. I suggest you inquire of that office immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back