Pregnant ex smoking crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jt1923

My ex is 4 months pregnant and smokes crack everyday. Is there anything I can do now to prevent her from damaging the fetus and also gain custody as soon as the baby's born??

Legally? Nothing you can do until the child is born. Whether they'll automatically test the baby will come down to the hospital's policy.

Now, how do you know she's smoking crack every day? Got any convictions? Charges?

(Believe it or not, that's not sarcasm - I'm asking for a reason)

Agree, there isn't anything you can do at this time. I would also like to know since she is your ex how you know she is doing crack every day. Thanks.

She admits it and just had someone od on heroine and die in her apartment. When I tell her they will take the baby. She says she's gonna stop a couple weeks before it's due.

Okay, let's back up.

At the moment it's her body, her fetus. Nobody else has any say over what happens right up until the child is born. Some states have (generally ineffective to be honest) laws that make harming the fetus a criminal act, but yours isn't one of them.

She can quite literally disappear out of the country and she'd be doing nothing illegal.

So, you'll have to wait.

Not without a court order they can't. What they're going to do is mess around for a bit in the hopes that Mom doesn't understand her rights. Otherwise, nothing is going to happen until the child is born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back