what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elston11

This case was born out if domestic violence where the mother fled to a shelter taking her children in 2007. In 2007 A court ordered a restraining order and to provide child support. The father did not pay any child support for five years. Their divorce was finalized in 2009, asset settlement did not take place. The father has not made any serious attempt through the court to see his children. Instead in 2012 and early 2014 he asked the court for a support reduction despite having not paid anything, except a few times in 2013. In both requests for support reduction the court refused the request and in fact, raised the support amount the second time. ( January 2014. Since then, the father has not paid anything those three months. When the father did see his children back in 2007, he would disappear for many months at a time, by leaving the country, therefore not seeing his kids at all. He hasn't seen them, mostly by his own actions since 2008. Now he is asking their mother to see them. Through her attorney, she ash said he must pay back child support before any arrangements can be made, and that he cannot arbitrarily set up visitations when he feels like it, the disappear for monts at a time and not follow through his visitation or support. Is there some way she can get rid of this loser who seems more interested in playing games than seeing or supporting his children? The children are currently 11, 9, and 8

This case was born out if domestic violence where the mother fled to a shelter taking her children in 2007. In 2007 A court ordered a restraining order and to provide child support. The father did not pay any child support for five years. Their divorce was finalized in 2009, asset settlement did not take place. The father has not made any serious attempt through the court to see his children. Instead in 2012 and early 2014 he asked the court for a support reduction despite having not paid anything, except a few times in 2013. In both requests for support reduction the court refused the request and in fact, raised the support amount the second time. ( January 2014. Since then, the father has not paid anything those three months. When the father did see his children back in 2007, he would disappear for many months at a time, by leaving the country, therefore not seeing his kids at all. He hasn't seen them, mostly by his own actions since 2008. Now he is asking their mother to see them. Through her attorney, she ash said he must pay back child support before any arrangements can be made, and that he cannot arbitrarily set up visitations when he feels like it, the disappear for monts at a time and not follow through his visitation or support. Is there some way she can get rid of this loser who seems more interested in playing games than seeing or supporting his children? The children are currently 11, 9, and 8

One sure fire way for mom to lose this deadbeat, is stop asking for him to pay child support.

He'll never pay a dime, and like most deadbeats, is content with causing drama.

Don't kick the sleeping bear, and it won't get grumpy and growl.

Mom should consult ONLY with her attorney of record about these matters.

Your attorney is all over this, and what he or she has done, is about as good as it'll ever get.

Too many cooks spoil the stew.

Last, but not least, this deadbeat will be off of mom's radar in 10 short years, when the youngest child reaches majority.

Something tells me that's not what Mama wants to hear ;)

If Mom wants rid of him for good, she needs to get married and stay married and try for a stepparent adoption. Both Mama and new husband need to understand what this actually means.

Otherwise, if she drops support that can actually trigger the other party into suddenly wanting back in the picture.

Edit: Um...no. That was possibly a very foolish move (to tell Dad he can't have access unless he pays child support). That can end up being thrown back at Mama in surprisingly wicked ways. Heck, that was such a bad move I can't believe an attorney actually went with it. That's possibly THE worst decision she could have made in this situation. She's literally asking the court to smack her down because she's withholding the children.

Last edited:
Something tells me that's not what Mama wants to hear ;)

If Mom wants rid of him for good, she needs to get married and stay married and try for a stepparent adoption. Both Mama and new husband need to understand what this actually means.

Otherwise, if she drops support that can actually trigger the other party into suddenly wanting back in the picture.

Edit: Um...no. That was possibly a very foolish move (to tell Dad he can't have access unless he pays child support). That can end up being thrown back at Mama in surprisingly wicked ways. Heck, that was such a bad move I can't believe an attorney actually went with it. That's possibly THE worst decision she could have made in this situation. She's literally asking the court to smack her down because she's withholding the children.

I have struggled with, and generally avoided doing it, but at times it gets difficult.
I've struggled with responding, by copying and pasting the poster's desired response.
It's getting harder and harder for me.
I'm reaching the point where my PTSD is winning.
I'm about to retreat into my shell.
I started doing this as therapy to help me with my PTSD and while I was recovering from a surgery.
Lately, my PTSD seems to be winning.
I'm happier living in my hidey hole of safety.

I rarely interact with people in real life, other than my beloved wife.
I see my foreman a couple of times daily, when I'm out to the ranch.
I still enjoy my horses.
Frankly, other than my wife, I find my own amusements.
I still enjoy reading, and read at least three books a week.

Last edited:
AJ - I've just lit a candle for you.

Just because we may not agree from time to time (ahem :D ), doesn't mean I can't send you my bestest of best wishes.

AJ - I've just lit a candle for you.

Just because we may not agree from time to time (ahem :D ), doesn't mean I can't send you my bestest of best wishes.

Thank you, Pro.

My wife observed the other day, that I seem to enjoy my office, my horses, and my solitude more and more.

She and I have no issues, mind you, but I don't fancy being around many people these days, or going out and about.

We'll see, as baseball season approaches, if I can stay away from the little ballpark in Round Rock (home of the Round Rock AAA affiliate of the Texas Rangers).

I love just doing nothing on a warm central Texas night watching hot, steamy, sweaty, baseball action! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back