Child's father

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italianmommy

My child's father has been has been out of her life for the first year of her life. He has not paid anything the first year. Now I've moved on with my boyfriend and he has been her father figure. Now her father is threatening to take me to court for the child. He isn't on her birth certificate or anything what could happen and what should I do? He is also a flight risk with being an illegal immigrate and has had many threats to take her to his country. I've offered him visitation in the past and he has declined it. What can I do to keep my daughter safe and away from him? My daughter has anxiety towards strangers especially men and the two times he seen her she busted out in tears and scared.

My child's father has been has been out of her life for the first year of her life. He has not paid anything the first year. Now I've moved on with my boyfriend and he has been her father figure. Now her father is threatening to take me to court for the child. He isn't on her birth certificate or anything what could happen and what should I do? He is also a flight risk with being an illegal immigrate and has had many threats to take her to his country. I've offered him visitation in the past and he has declined it. What can I do to keep my daughter safe and away from him? My daughter has anxiety towards strangers especially men and the two times he seen her she busted out in tears and scared.

There's not a darn thing you can do, IF you're summoned to appear in court, but respond.

You go to court and state your defenses.

If the illegal alien is proven by paternity testing to be the father, he'll be given paternal rights.

I suggest you respond to the law suit, IF IT HAPPENS, by requesting paternity testing for all who allege to be the baby's daddy.

One last thing, the court will not second guess YOUR decision to allow this ILLEGAL ALIEN to have intercourse with you.

The court will presume YOU knew what you were doing in allowing him to inseminate you.

We all must live with our choices.

I suggest you choose more carefully in the years ahead.

Your daughter's anxiety will lessen as she gets used to Dad being around. However, she will also feed off your emotions. So you need to stay calm.

It's hard for the court to take the immigration matter seriously, because you didn't until you broke up. Yes, I know it sounds harsh, but family court can be very cold and unemotional.

His immigration status doesn't affect his parental rights, either - if he files for visitation, he'll get visitation.

Might I suggest counseling?

once he establishes paternity theres nothing you can do to keep your daughter away from the man you decided was good enough to be her father. and i hope for your sake youre not allowing your daughter to call your bf daddy that could end up backfiring on you if it ever comes up in court. it could end up costing you custody, parental alienation is not something a judge will be happy with you for. your bf is a legal stranger to your daughter not daddy, he has no rights to your daughter at all

Hi Kelly. Sounds like Kelly! ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back