Workers Comp. Future Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott333

I was injured in August of 2012, cumulative trauma to both knees low back and hypertension. I have had a few surgeries, injections, PT, Chiropractic, etc. Was seen today by my QME and he is making me Permeant and stationary. My question is this. Do I settle my future medical or do I retain my future medical? I do have my own medical insurance. My second question is if I due settle my medical and need more surgery will my insurance bill me for the surgery or if they don't bill me and find out about my settlement will that be fraud? Just don't know what to due settle or keep future medical. Thanks

I was injured in August of 2012, cumulative trauma to both knees low back and hypertension. I have had a few surgeries, injections, PT, Chiropractic, etc. Was seen today by my QME and he is making me Permeant and stationary. My question is this. Do I settle my future medical or do I retain my future medical? I do have my own medical insurance. My second question is if I due settle my medical and need more surgery will my insurance bill me for the surgery or if they don't bill me and find out about my settlement will that be fraud? Just don't know what to due settle or keep future medical. Thanks

I suggest you discuss this with REAL WORKERS COMPENSATION LAWYER in your county before you do anything.

Whether to accept a settlement and under what terms you should do so is way beyond the scope of a message board. You REALLY need a lawyer for this. Yes, if you close out the medicals in your settlement you can be expected to shoulder the cost of trelated medical care out of the settlement money. That is the purpose of settling the medicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back