My Son Was Taken And I May Never See Him Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asilee

Hi, my name is (deleted) and I'm contacting and hoping this email makes to you. I'm mass-sending this message because my son was taken from me while I was at work.

I was at work when my son's father had his brother come to where I was staying with my fiance and told them that "legally there is nothing you can do" so my fiance woke my son up out of his nap, got him dressed and gave him to his "uncle". Now, the man says he was my son's father's brother, but I wasn't there to confirm. I have no idea what all transpired that day. I found out after they left and my fiance came to my job to tell me. I'm only 10 minutes away from the house and my fiance offered to walk them there, but they didn't care. I was told that my son had to be literally pushed out of the home to go with this man at the door because he wouldn't go. I was then told that the son's father just sat on the porch and didn't say anything.

I called him that day and he told me that he wanted to keep him for a couple of weeks. Well a couple of weeks went by and I contacted him again to see when he was bringing him and he said he couldn't go anywhere because of his dad. Apparently his dad had a stroke and that was the reason why he snuck down here and got my son. Didn't let anyone know, didn't contact anyone prior..just pulled up in front of the house. His other "reasoning" was because "I didn't know where he was at" well, how did you get down here to take him?

Well, I wanted to go up and get him last week, but the father would only see me if I came alone. Fearing for my life and possibly not getting my son at all because it was a setup, I didn't go. Now today which is a week later from that day, I contact him to get him and he said I couldn't have him. Why? "He got a scratch on his face" and "his face looks like it was slapped and swollen when I got him". He tells me this almost a month of having him. Last week it was fine to come and get him, but because he wanted me to come alone, and I didn't find that to be wise, it's a problem. I quit my job because of all of this and now I'm looking for any legal service assistance that can help me in this time. We currently have joint custody, but there are stipulations in our divorce decree that doesn't go along the lines of him taking him whenever he see's fit - especially when I'm not around. There's also nothing in the divorce decree that says he can keep him because he has "reservations".

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't have 3k for a lawyer and I really need to find a lawyer to take this case pro-bono - if you will. I'm trying to file for sole parental custody. Giving this man chance after chance has found to be fruitless.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why in the world would you quit your job? You need it more than ever now. You aren't going to find free assistance for this mess when you are quitting your job.
Work this out in the family court and get a new visitation order that is specific as to when dad gets visitation- then stick to that order.
If your current order says anything about you being the primary, where the child shall live, or visitation times for dad, then call local enforcement see they will help you enforce that order.
In the mean time you might get some help from social services.

Agree that this is something that has to be worked out through the court system. I removed your name from your post for your protection - no personal info should be posted.

Hi, my name is (deleted) and I'm contacting and hoping this email makes to you. I'm mass-sending this message because my son was taken from me while I was at work.

I was at work when my son's father had his brother come to where I was staying with my fiance and told them that "legally there is nothing you can do" so my fiance woke my son up out of his nap, got him dressed and gave him to his "uncle". Now, the man says he was my son's father's brother, but I wasn't there to confirm. I have no idea what all transpired that day. I found out after they left and my fiance came to my job to tell me. I'm only 10 minutes away from the house and my fiance offered to walk them there, but they didn't care. I was told that my son had to be literally pushed out of the home to go with this man at the door because he wouldn't go. I was then told that the son's father just sat on the porch and didn't say anything.

I called him that day and he told me that he wanted to keep him for a couple of weeks. Well a couple of weeks went by and I contacted him again to see when he was bringing him and he said he couldn't go anywhere because of his dad. Apparently his dad had a stroke and that was the reason why he snuck down here and got my son. Didn't let anyone know, didn't contact anyone prior..just pulled up in front of the house. His other "reasoning" was because "I didn't know where he was at" well, how did you get down here to take him?

Well, I wanted to go up and get him last week, but the father would only see me if I came alone. Fearing for my life and possibly not getting my son at all because it was a setup, I didn't go. Now today which is a week later from that day, I contact him to get him and he said I couldn't have him. Why? "He got a scratch on his face" and "his face looks like it was slapped and swollen when I got him". He tells me this almost a month of having him. Last week it was fine to come and get him, but because he wanted me to come alone, and I didn't find that to be wise, it's a problem. I quit my job because of all of this and now I'm looking for any legal service assistance that can help me in this time. We currently have joint custody, but there are stipulations in our divorce decree that doesn't go along the lines of him taking him whenever he see's fit - especially when I'm not around. There's also nothing in the divorce decree that says he can keep him because he has "reservations".

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't have 3k for a lawyer and I really need to find a lawyer to take this case pro-bono - if you will. I'm trying to file for sole parental custody. Giving this man chance after chance has found to be fruitless.

Thank you.

Lawyers GENERALLY don't take these kinds of cases pro bono.

That said, visit a couple lawyers in your county and see what they have to say.

To clarify, OP has written (elsewhere) that visitation is not spelled out in the decree - so legally, Dad hasn't actually done anything wrong at this point.

She absolutely needs an attorney though.

To clarify, OP has written (elsewhere) that visitation is not spelled out in the decree - so legally, Dad hasn't actually done anything wrong at this point.

She absolutely needs an attorney though.

From my observations, I'd say 90+% of these posters desperately require REAL LAWYERS.
What we do is helpful, but generally inadequate.
It's like a paramedic trying to treat a brain tumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back