Child Vistitstion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gammagamma

I live in California I have a daughter who is 4 with my ex-husband. My Ex-Husband is moving with his girlfriend and THEIR 2 children (girl 2yr & boy 2 months) to a guest apartment on his fathers 1 acre property. The guest house is currently a 1 bedroom. My Ex states they are going to add a wall and create a 2nd bedroom. My question is 2 part. If they don't create the 2nd bedroom is she still required to go for overnight visits? If they do create a 2nd bedroom is 2 girls and 1 boy in a room acceptable for overnight visits by the court? If the court says no to above for any reason could he counter & say she could still stay overnights because his father has a spare room in the main house would they allow that to be acceptable? I do not want my daughter staying in that house with his father there is safety issues.

I live in California I have a daughter who is 4 with my ex-husband. My Ex-Husband is moving with his girlfriend and THEIR 2 children (girl 2yr & boy 2 months) to a guest apartment on his fathers 1 acre property. The guest house is currently a 1 bedroom. My Ex states they are going to add a wall and create a 2nd bedroom. My question is 2 part. If they don't create the 2nd bedroom is she still required to go for overnight visits? If they do create a 2nd bedroom is 2 girls and 1 boy in a room acceptable for overnight visits by the court? If the court says no to above for any reason could he counter & say she could still stay overnights because his father has a spare room in the main house would they allow that to be acceptable? I do not want my daughter staying in that house with his father there is safety issues.

You are required to obey the court order.
If you have information that you believe will cause the court to change its order, you litigate that inb a court room, not on the internet.

I suggest you speak with an attorney in your county.

Know this, if you violate the existing court order, you risk serious repercussions if your former spouse chooses to fight back.

Your opinion means nothing.

The court order controls BOTH of you, until and unless its changed.

Neither parent is compelled to provide a separate bedroom for their children. In Foster situations, yes - but privately, no.

Many parents have successfully raised their (often many) children in a one-bedroom spot.

Dad's going to win this one - if the judge even loosely indicates that it's not appropriate (and I do not imagine that happening), Dad's simply going to show the bedroom situation is perfectly legal.

Agree, perfectly legal expect in foster or adoption situations. There are some people who can only afford a 1 bedroom apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back