am i responsible for medical bill if pregnant daughter wont come home

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeneil7979

she is 15 wont come home and i want to know if i am responsible for her bills and if she gets married am i responsible still

she is 15 wont come home and i want to know if i am responsible for her bills and if she gets married am i responsible still

If you're her male or female parent (mom or dad), you're responsible for her until she reaches majority, becomes emancipated (that ain't happening), she gets married (that won't happen unless you approve the marriage.

If you approve the marriage, her issues becomes her husband's problem, as does her support.

In essence, in YOUR state, you approve her getting married, you unhitch the financial burden of supporting her, and take the leash off your neck!!!

In Utah a minor must be at least 15 years old to be married.

If the minor is 15 years old, he or she must obtain consent from a parent or guardian, PLUS:

1. The juvenile court must approve the marriage, conclude that the marriage is voluntary, and in the best interests of the minor.
    [*]
    [*]
    [*] The juvenile court may require premarital counseling.
    [*]
    [*]
    [*] The juvenile court may impose other conditions, such as requiring the minor to continue to attend school.

If a minor is 16 or 17 years of age, the minor requires signed consent from a parent or guardian, which must be given in person to the county clerk before a marriage license will be issued.

If the minor is under 18 years old, but has been married, said minor doesn't need consent for the second or subsequent marriage.

Last edited:
So, where is your daughter, with whom, and why do you not have the police out to bring her back where she belongs?

How old is Daddy? Utah is quite black and white about stat. rape.

Then again, I'm curious as to why the question asked is about money rather than the welfare of the child.

How old is Daddy? Utah is quite black and white about stat. rape.

Then again, I'm curious as to why the question asked is about money rather than the welfare of the child.

I suspect a pattern of continued disobedience, and a mother-daughter relationship collapsing under the strain.

Whatever the reason, another child appears to be falling into a deep, dark abyss.

A mother, I'm sure is sad, and the law offers the solution of marriage for a 15 year old and immediate emancipation.

I'm curious... could the girls parents bring a legitimate civil suit against the father/fathers parents for a share if medical costs? As a juvenile it seems that should be a valid option.

I'm curious... could the girls parents bring a legitimate civil suit against the father/fathers parents for a share if medical costs? As a juvenile it seems that should be a valid option.

Moose, they could bring any lawsuit they wish.
That said, the parents are responsible for supporting their spawn.

Assuming the parents prevailed, there's a very low likelihood the adult pervert has any resources to support his own health care, much less the financial resources to support a child.

This is so sad.

The parents should report the continuous carnal acts committed by this creep against their child.

The remedy in the case at hand lies in the criminal courts.

Well I was operating on the assumption that the father is a juvenile.... It seems the juvenile fathers parents could be held responsible for a share of the costs of medical expenses related to the birth of the child if paternity isn't in dispute.

Well I was operating on the assumption that the father is a juvenile.... It seems the juvenile fathers parents could be held responsible for a share of the costs of medical expenses related to the birth of the child if paternity isn't in dispute.

Possibly, but unlikely.

Novel approach, but courts are more inclined to say parents aren't necessarily responsible for the negligent acts of their spawn.

Statistics bear out more kiddie mare moms are sired by adult stallions, not kiddy colts.

At 15 the cops can bring her home so call the cops. Furthermore at 15 she I snot at legal age to give consent to sex so depending on the age of the male who got her this way you should file rape charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back