need parenting time

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandyoney

My ex has custody and there was no established visitation schedule and now I'm only allowed to see my kids when he wants me to. He also won't let my kids around my boyfriend so i have to see them when their dad is around like at the park or something. I called lawyers and i can't afford to pay one so i was wondering if u could find help to do it myself.

You really should have the help of a lawyer. Visitation etc. will have to be set up through the court system.

You really should have the help of a lawyer. Visitation etc. will have to be set up through the court system.

+1 Call the local court and seeif they can refer you to legal aid or something similar.

In the mean time, see if your local city offers free mediation. My county does it for free to unbourden the courts. They usually ask you the resson and send it to the other party. Inviting him to free mediation (no lawyer needed) and his refusal may benefit you in court. The key is to look like the one that was willing to compromise.

My ex has custody and there was no established visitation schedule and now I'm only allowed to see my kids when he wants me to. He also won't let my kids around my boyfriend so i have to see them when their dad is around like at the park or something. I called lawyers and i can't afford to pay one so i was wondering if u could find help to do it myself.

Why did your former spouse get custody and you got nothing?

That's very rare.

Are you dad or mom?

You would likely win the lottery before getting a lawyer to help you pro bono with a custody issue.

Lawyers are required to give back and do pro bono work. but most of that effort goes to assist criminal defendants.

Explain how your EX got custody yet there was no visitation order? Was there a court order of custody? If so why was there no visitation order given at same time?

In an initial determination, it's not actually so uncommon for Dad to walk out with primary custody.

In this case though yes, a brief timeline would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back