Can I leave state with my children that are under a DHR Safety Plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirlancelot

DHR in Alabama took my children. I failed a drug screen. That was the only reason they took them. They placed them with my father ( their grandfather ). My DHR worker told me I could go to visit with them (the children) and leave the state with them. That I still have full custody and that there is nothing the state can do. That the state would not even look for us. Can me or my father go to jail? Will the state look for me and my children? Can I put them in school in another state?

DHR in Alabama took my children. I failed a drug screen. That was the only reason they took them. They placed them with my father ( their grandfather ). My DHR worker told me I could go to visit with them (the children) and leave the state with them. That I still have full custody and that there is nothing the state can do. That the state would not even look for us. Can me or my father go to jail? Will the state look for me and my children? Can I put them in school in another state?

Yes.
Yes.
No.

Been some stories in the news recently about parents in Alabama absconding with their children who are in the custody of DHR. Don't be one of these.

This is a link for DHR policies.
http://www.alabamaadministrativecode.state.al.us/docs/hres/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back