Looking for firm to administer trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivingGrantor

I'm looking for a company that will do a one-time administration (disbursement of assets) of my wife's and my trust after we're both dead.

Financial firms such as Fidelity offer this service, but they charge a bit over 1% per year, ongoing, which includes active management of investments.

Since my wife is in her early 50s (and hopefully will live decades longer) and since we have other arrangements for managing our investments, paying 1% per year is over-kill for our situation and very expensive.

If there are firms that provide a one-time administration, I'd appreciate any references.

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that I'm in California.

Your best way is to speak with trusted friends, colleagues, associates, relatives...

You can also ask your attorney for a referral.

If I were you, I'd get the names of three or four and VET them personally.

Do your own due diligence, don't TRUST others to do what they claim.

Trust, but verify!

Banks often are appointed to administer trusts. You should weigh their excessive fee with just allowing beneficiaries to duke it out by naming them co trustees.

There are banks & other financial institutions that will do this. If you do a google search, you should be able to come up with names. Your best bet is to check around & compare prices - there can be a big difference between one firm and another.

We don't/can't give out references to specific firms.

Living, I thought about a trust.
Decided against it, and have started giving away my stuff.
I've gotten to a point in my life where I just don't need it (watches, rings, etc...)
Money, well, there are ways to address that, too.
My wife went the irrevocable trust route.
She simply drafted the trust using legalzoom.com and I reviewed it.
She did as disagreeable suggested, named ALL of our kids trustees.
Maybe I'll get to see how that saga unfolds. LOL

army judge -

Thanks for the reply.

I'd never heard of legalzoom.com before. Are they a competitor of Nolo, or is legalzoom's service different? I hope this is an appropriate question for this forum.

army judge -

Thanks for the reply.

I'd never heard of legalzoom.com before. Are they a competitor of Nolo, or is legalzoom's service different? I hope this is an appropriate question for this forum.

www.legalzoom.com

Google them, or follow the link, and vet them to your satisfaction.

They advertise nationally, and you've probably ignored their ads (LOL), like I usually do.

It's owned by several respected attorneys and has a reputation for DIY legal stuff.

They will interact and answer specific questions, but don't provide legal advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back