please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsKing

Okay so my sister in law is a very unfit mother. She has been to jail for drugs and so on. The father is the same way. Long story short they don't care. Well me and my husband cant take it anymore and we would like to adopt my nieces. Now were loaded with money but we have enough. Is there anyway we could take my nieces? If so can we do it without spending a lot of money?

Short answer, no.

If the children are at risk, child services need to be involved. If they see fit to remove the children, their parents will be given at least one chance to clean up their act.

I have a feeling you're not sure about what is unfit.

Abject neglect and abuse
Marrying a child molester
Leaving a 3 year old home alone for 12 hours.

So please tell us why you think they're legally unfit.

Not really. You can report abuse/neglect and children's services will investigate. If they deem the children in harms way they will remove them. At that point you can offer your home but you will be under the watchful eye of Children's services. This will not likely be permanent. the goal of children's services is to unite families not tear them apart. However if for some extreme reason the parents are deemed unfit you again can offer your home. Keep in mind children's services for either action will need to approve your home as a good placement for children temporarily or permanent. There are numerous factors they will use to make that determination. However this is not likely as stated above. Have you spoken to the parents to grant you guardianship so they can get their lives in order? Here is a write on "Dealing With Children's Services" that might be helpful http://www.parentnook.com/dealing-with-childrens-services/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back