drug use in child visitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolzz

I got a divorce in August and share custody with my ex. He gets my son every other weekend. He hasn't paid child support but I still let he see my son. I recently filed for enforcement of child support. However my ex has been behaving irrationally lately and has a history of drug use and abuse. Is there a way the court can require him to be drug tested in order to see my son?

I got a divorce in August and share custody with my ex. He gets my son every other weekend. He hasn't paid child support but I still let he see my son. I recently filed for enforcement of child support. However my ex has been behaving irrationally lately and has a history of drug use and abuse. Is there a way the court can require him to be drug tested in order to see my son?

One is NOT required to pay court ordered child support in order to avail themselves of court ordered visitation.

Child support and visitation are not connected.

Drug abuse is something that has little to do with visiting their child.

No, the court can't order him to be drug tested, no more than the court can order you to be tested.

Due process, fundamental fairness - Google the terms...

If you can provide evidence (not assumptions) of drug use the court might consider this request. First have proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back