modification of child support and timesharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercedes34

My case involves my two son's ages 14 and 18, as of right now, I am the away parent, due to the kids living situation with their father, (they have been residing in Miami fl for more than 3 yrs or so, but there has been changes of circumstances, my ex husband remarried and my 14 year old wants to live with me. I also have a proof of child abuse from dcf. My child support case was handled poorly. I was placed owing arrears going back two years plus monthly, although were still married. I filed a modification of child support and time sharing hoping to have my son reside with me. I need advise of how to prepare for my hearing after mediation, we didn't agree to anything and what proper steps to take. Please help.

Your case should only involve one son, as the 18 year od is now an adult. He can do as he wishes. He can live anywhere he desires.

As for the 14 year old, I suggest you retain an attorney. There's no way you can equip yourself properly by seeking information on an Internet site.

Your case should only involve one son, as the 18 year od is now an adult. He can do as he wishes. He can live anywhere he desires.

As for the 14 year old, I suggest you retain an attorney. There's no way you can equip yourself properly by seeking information on an Internet site.

+1.

You may want to shop around before you commit to one. A few attorneys offer free or reduce 1st consults.

My main concern would be to ask how being behind child support would hurt your case. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back