Child custody/visitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexapril07

2012 I filed for joint custody and was given visitation every 1,3,5 of each month 9am-6pm. Judge stated after a 18 month period I can file to change the order as long as I am consistent with the order as to visitations with my children. I filed for a modification for child support due to change of income and my family expanding outside this case. she became furious and is now canceling my visitation/parenting time which she has done plenty of times since I first filed for joint custody in 2012. We only communicate threw via-email and text messages unless an emergency which I have saved so that way there's no he say she say. Is filing a "contempt" the rite thing to do?

The decision to take any legal action or preserve any legal right is one YOU must make.

Is it right? Only you know what's best for you to do. Secondarily, solicit input from a lawyer you've retained to represent you, friends, and/or family, whose opinions you value and trust.

All I can say is that you can file a motion seeking contempt. Beware, some judges see that as quarrelsome and petty.

Is it in all cases? No, it isn't, if its used sparingly and appropriately. Beyond that, it's your right to seek redress of legal wrongs in court.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back