Termination of Parental Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof03

I am looking into terminating the rights of my 2 boys biological father. He has not made contact with them in 2 years, does not pay his supports, is in and out of jail, has failed to watch the kids properly when he did have them (which resulted in them getting into his rat cages and his spider cages), and is addicted to heroin ( which ended in him almost catching his mothers kitchen on fire). Is that enough to take them away and have him gone for good?

I am looking into terminating the rights of my 2 boys biological father. He has not made contact with them in 2 years, does not pay his supports, is in and out of jail, has failed to watch the kids properly when he did have them (which resulted in them getting into his rat cages and his spider cages), and is addicted to heroin ( which ended in him almost catching his mothers kitchen on fire). Is that enough to take them away and have him gone for good?

Sadly, you can't terminate the other parent's rights/

In fact, the other parent is hard pressed to surrender his or her parental rights.

The standard for parenting is so low, much like other things in this country, that a convicted, confessed child molester's rights are rarely terminated.

So, let's see you complain of a dad that rarely sees his children, is behind in child support payments, has no (or limited) interaction with the children you and he created, is VIP county jail platinum card member, poorly supervises the young children when they have been in his care, is a heroin addict, and careless enough to have started a fire at his mother's home; sorry that's what some would call "parentally challenged, but fully qualified".

It is what they have made it, madam.

Besides, only a judge can take his parental rights.

You would simply be wasting your time, even if you paid him $1,000 to voluntarily surrender his paternal rights, the judge would probably say, sorry, "parentally challenged, but fully qualified".

Sad but true, madam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back