Dating a woman in a custody suit- I have a record

Status
Not open for further replies.

concernedbf

I am dating a woman in a custody suit(child support and emergency custody is granted to the childs mother) I have a record from 7-13 years ago starting when I was 18-23(am 31 now). My charges are listed below. Her lawyer says that the father of the child cannot use it against her and used a direct legal terminology I have recognized in some case law study(after my last offense I went to community college and even earned deans list and honors list(full time student while working a full time job). Granted the last sentence has nothing to do with the fact at hand. Please let me know if I am a danger or if she has a substantial risk in losing custody. The father of the child is back 2-3 months on child support already.

1 guilty theft under $500 = 2005
3 guilty paraphernalia possession of marijuana(not actual possession but the possession of paraphernalia charge) from 12-8 years ago
1 assault on stet(mistake that I didn't fight as MD usually allows self defense as long as it is warranted) back from 2000

I am dating a woman in a custody suit(child support and emergency custody is granted to the childs mother) I have a record from 7-13 years ago starting when I was 18-23(am 31 now). My charges are listed below. Her lawyer says that the father of the child cannot use it against her and used a direct legal terminology I have recognized in some case law study(after my last offense I went to community college and even earned deans list and honors list(full time student while working a full time job). Granted the last sentence has nothing to do with the fact at hand. Please let me know if I am a danger or if she has a substantial risk in losing custody. The father of the child is back 2-3 months on child support already.

1 guilty theft under $500 = 2005
3 guilty paraphernalia possession of marijuana(not actual possession but the possession of paraphernalia charge) from 12-8 years ago
1 assault on stet(mistake that I didn't fight as MD usually allows self defense as long as it is warranted) back from 2000

If you believe your presence is harmful to her, just leave.
You're not her husband, just dating.
That said, I see nothing you've posted that would jeopardize her custody rights.

Agreed. The only way Dad could possibly prevail by using your history against Mom is if Mom rolls over.

Your record should not impact a darned thing.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back