need help with custody of my 9 yr. old daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnandBilly

I'm trying to keep custody of my 9 year old daughter, her biological father has been taking me to court to try to get full custody of our daughter since 2009. The judges have given me custody, but he keeps taking me back to court until he finds a judge that will give him full custody. We were never married, just lived together for 6 years, he has a DUI, VOP on the DUI, as well as domestic violence. I had him thrown in jail because he hit me numerous of times. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next time he tries (assuming there is no change of circumstance), get an attorney on board and see about Dad being sanctioned.

Unfortunately, some parents will try to use the court system not because they genuinely want the child, but because they want control.

Yes, Pro is correct.
You need an attorney, if your child is important to you.
If you don't, one day he just might get lucky!

Agreed with the above replies. I usually am an advocate of 50-50 parenting, but in your case you need to defend your right as the mother. Be careful. Keep ample documentation of the active roll you have. Make sure your daughter flourishes under your care in both the educational and medical areas. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back