Several Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon90

My daughter is 4 years old. I have primary custody and dad has visitation (every Wed until 7P, every other weekend, and half of school breaks). My daughter was on visitation with him for Christmas break and he asked me to pick her up 5 days early.

When I picked her up at my ex's mom's house, I noticed German cockroaches on the walls, the house was in shambles, 9 people were living in this 3 bedroom/1 bath/1000 square foot home, and the damage from a fire (grandpa jerry rigged the hot water heater wiring to power the back room he built) in their back room was not repaired.

My daughter reported to me she has been sleeping in bed with her grandma and aunt (13yo) while grandpa was traveling for work. My daughter said that when grandpa was home, she slept in bed with her uncle (10yo) in a bed in the grandparent's bedroom. This means there is 4 people in one small bedroom in two separate beds, 5 when my daughter visits.

My daughter also told me dad isn't even living at grandma's any longer. He is now living with his girlfriend. I called my ex and insisted my daughter have her own bed in a room with females only and asked why he wasn't visiting her during his visitation time. He said he stays at his girlfriend's house when he works (5-6 days weekly) and visits my daughter on his days off.

I called CPS and they said since everyone is related, it is not an issue that my daughter is sleeping with an older male. My daughter in the past has reported rats and bugs in the home, that grandma uses the gas stove to heat the home, and that bugs crawl out of the stove while grandma is cooking. CPS said that none of these are neglect issues, but instead poverty issues, so they can't do anything.

I reported the home to code enforcement (there are plenty of issues that code enforcement will have issues with along with structures grandpa built without permits), but it will take 2 weeks for the home to be looked at.

I contacted the Women's Shelter to get legal help adjusting my divorce orders to have enforcement orders regarding what living conditions my daughter should be provided with on overnight visits (her own bed, only females sharing a room with her, and a clean, bug free home).

I want to know what my chances are in court regarding getting these things regulated, how they would be enforced, and if visitation could be changed to only day visits until circumstances are changed.

The court will not demand that she has her own bed, only shares a room with females, and is only allowed to be in a pristine household.

I know you think these issues are hugely important, but in court, it's really not. CPS doesn't feel that she's in any danger, and the courts will generally agree with that.

Bear in mind too that a 4 year old's word will not be taken very seriously at all....specially if it appears that she's being coached.

Agree that the court would not demand that any of your requests be honored. CPS is concerned when there are things like abuse, neglect......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back