Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

JENNIFER16

ex husband kicked his 16 year old son out of the house and sent him on a bus to my sister. She has been trying for 2 months to get him enrolled in school in Utah and can't because she is not her sons legal guardian and her ex won't sign over custody. But doesn't want him back either. The only way the Utah school system will let him into school without her being his guardian is if she pays $6500.00 which is stupid. Any thought on what she could do?

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to get a family law attorney involved.

ex husband kicked his 16 year old son out of the house and sent him on a bus to my sister. She has been trying for 2 months to get him enrolled in school in Utah and can't because she is not her sons legal guardian and her ex won't sign over custody. But doesn't want him back either. The only way the Utah school system will let him into school without her being his guardian is if she pays $6500.00 which is stupid. Any thought on what she could do?

A parent is prohibited in all 50 US STATES from tossing their minor charge into the streets.

I suggest you tell the woman (his aunt) to report the sordid affair to the police in Utah, who'll investigate the alleged child neglect or child abuse charge.

An adult that boots a minor child is a bully and deserves police scrutiny.

In fact, why don't YOU report it?

You seem like a responsible adult.

I'm so sorry for the kid. Are you the Mother? Why don't you gon pick him up?

I suggest you do report him to the police, but seriously consider my questions above. If the mother is around, shw should step up to the plate.

Slow down people.

Dad didn't kick him out in that sense. Dad simply sent him to live elsewhere. Nothing illegal about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back