what else should we do to get custody of our nephew

Status
Not open for further replies.

someonecares

My brother and his wife were both arrested for sex crime. Brother and wife both were arrested same day as cps took my nephew. My sister was there at the time and wanted to take my nephew home as she was wanting custody of him. CPS took him the day before and tested and asked questions and found no abuse was found where he was concerned to him. They even brought him back to the house and left him until the next day when my brother and his wife were already with the police, CPS came with police officers and took him from the home and my mom still lived there at that time so my nephew age 10 would not have been alone at all. My sister has done everything they asked to get custody of him except some classes which does not start until Jan 3 and her and her husband are taking those. Now my nephew has a lawyer and he has told my sister that he filed all the paper work and everyone is in agreement that my sister should have temporary custody as soon as the judge approves and signs the papers. He said that he was confident that he could have my nephew home for the holidays...but Christmas is now over and it's been almost 2 weeks past the time the lawyer gave us that nephew should be home by. Sister called and spoke to someone at judges office and was told that they did not get any such papers from lawyer. Now it's clear that someone is either mistaken or lying. I need to know... what advice can you give us on this whole situation? We do not have money to hire a lawyer since we are not a wealthy family. Can sister ask the judge to appoint her a lawyer to help her in this case? They already took rights from both parents and nephew was put into a foster home right now. They same as stole our nephew from us. This is what we feel, because his parents, which was the reason stated in paper work, was now longer in the home. They came in and removed nephew at same time and even lied to him and all my family and said they would bring him back in a couple of hours! It has been almost 5 months and we have not been able to see him or contact him! Please help us and give us your best answers as to what we can do in this matter. Thank you so much for your time.

I know you said your sister cannot afford a lawyer but she really needs to talk to a lawyer & see what the lawyer says regarding this whole situation. She "might" be able to get an initial consultation for free.

The child is safe. I'd count that as a blessing. In the interim, patience is a virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back