I think my children are being abused in custody of cps

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpuskids

My children were taking out of my custody nineteen months ago due to a panic attack that required hospitalization. I have completed the case plan in February and have finally progressed to home visits. In May my child whispered to me several times that she was being abused in the foster home. When I tried to address this with the cps team they stopped all visitation.They have also told me I am not allowed to ask the children any questions regarding their safety that this upsets the children.I am worried about them but if I express my concerns they tell me that is showing that my mental health is suffering.This case has been dragged out so long and the foster father was going on and on at the cft about how my eleven year old son doesnt use lotion or deoderant when he gets out of the shower. My daughter was placed on a sugarless diet and I was told it was due to high blood sugar.The casa got the nutritionist records showing my daughter is underwight and blood sugar is fine. Yet the foster father expressed at cft that her belly protrudes out of her shirt and that I should not let them have anything sweet. I recently gained unsupervised visits and I cannot ask the children anymore about there safety. Are their any suggestions?

My children were taking out of my custody nineteen months ago due to a panic attack that required hospitalization. I have completed the case plan in February and have finally progressed to home visits. In May my child whispered to me several times that she was being abused in the foster home. When I tried to address this with the cps team they stopped all visitation.They have also told me I am not allowed to ask the children any questions regarding their safety that this upsets the children.I am worried about them but if I express my concerns they tell me that is showing that my mental health is suffering.This case has been dragged out so long and the foster father was going on and on at the cft about how my eleven year old son doesnt use lotion or deoderant when he gets out of the shower. My daughter was placed on a sugarless diet and I was told it was due to high blood sugar.The casa got the nutritionist records showing my daughter is underwight and blood sugar is fine. Yet the foster father expressed at cft that her belly protrudes out of her shirt and that I should not let them have anything sweet. I recently gained unsupervised visits and I cannot ask the children anymore about there safety. Are their any suggestions?

Yes, i suggest you see a local lawyer.

In fact, talk to three or four local lawyers.

No need to worry about costs, as the first visit is usually offered free of charge and/or further obligation.

But, you can often come prepared and ask five to ten questions.

You can also see if you have anywhere to go with addressing issues that seem unresolved to you.

An online website, such as ours, only gives general information and doesn't get into specifics.

But, you can feel assured when speaking with a lawyer in yoru area, that your confidentiality and privacy is protected and assured.

So, ask your pals, family, co-workers, neighbors if they can recommend a couple local family law or domestic relations attorneys.

In the end, working through issues with a state child protective agency is difficult, if not impossible.

You can also ask around about support networks in your area for parents that find themselves in your position.

Bottom line, you won't get the answers you require here.

That is why you desperately require an attorney.

So, start getting money together, because you'll need it to get the help you desire.

Agree with talking to a lawyer. You can also ask your local or state bar assoc. for a referral to a lawyer. Good luck.

I'm only going to comment on one thing here.

CPS does not remove children for 19 months based on a single episode of a panic attack even if that attack ended up in hospitalization.

We're not getting the whole story here.

I'm only going to comment on one thing here.

CPS does not remove children for 19 months based on a single episode of a panic attack even if that attack ended up in hospitalization.

We're not getting the whole story here.

We rarely see the whole story.

We get a person's particular point of view.

They present that point of view in a feeble attempt to elicit the "magic words" they are seeking to assuage their guilt, fears, conscience, etc...

I usually "roll with it".

Having raised children, who are BORN liars, (among other pursuits), I am rather used to it.

At this time, you have to follow the court order, which I take was driven by CPS. If you take away the fact that there are foster parents, you are left with two parents. In most custody situations, there is a paragraph that states you should not talk bad about the other parent in front of the children. By asking about their well being, you may be placing yourself in a position to violate this paragraph. I'm not a lawyer, but their defence may take this and blow it up against you. CPS already did ;(.

Take the advice of the other posters and get legal help. Most lawyers offer a first visit for free. Ask around a few. If you don't have the money, ask for a legal aid referral at your local court.

Another angle worth exploring, where is their father? How come he didn't came after them? Again, too many loopholes. I'm saddened to hear about your position, but I am even more saddened for your children. Get some help taking care of the demons that got you to where you are today. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back