Child Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmeeka702

On July 31, 2012, In the city of Las Vegas Nevada where we were living during that time, I slapped my 15 year old daughter in her face 3 times (causing a little swelling) for cursing, yelling and disrespecting me. The same night I was arrested and all 3 of my children were sent by CPS to a foster home. That following December in 2012 I became pregant by a man who wasnt the father of my children that were in foster care. The following year in March 2013 my Nevada CPS worker had got the approval for out of state placement to California for my kids to be with my aunt while i continue my case plan In Nevada. A couple of months later I in May 2013 had taken a trip to California to visit with my children. During my vist I was admitted to the states county hospital and was given an emergency caesarian section at 7 month into my pregancy. My newborn wasnt only premature he also had down syndrome. He had difficulties breathing and eating and as the result had been expected to spend alot of time in the NICU. With the unexpected arrival of my newborn I made the decission to give up the apartment in Las Vegas and forced to move in with another relative temporarily awaiting my babies dismissal from the Nicu. All the while my aunt whom was carring for kids nor longer wanted to participate in providing care for my kids hax them removed and back to a Nevada foster home they went. However, the California CPS worker that was overseeing my children while they were placecd with my Aunt in California informed me that once my baby was released he would be sent to CPS in Nevada due to ma open case there for my other children. Instead, Nevada refused jurisdiction over my newborn since my residence was temp California so California decided to take jurisdiction over my newborn making it impossible for me to live with myself had I found another place in Nevada, moved and left him with foster parents in California. My question: Is it legal that they have used my Nevada child abuse case to withold from me my baby pending a completion of now another case plan aside to the one I already have for Nevada and are they also required to accept all certificates Ive earned and classes i completed in Nevada for my initial case plan since it also meets the guidelines in California. (parenting for all age groups completed and certificate received in Nevada)

Wow, just wow. I'll zip it. What I want to say would be offensive to some.

What I can say is, if the state wants the little darlings, let the state have them.

It's sounds as if there is more to this than just slapping a15 year old. There is a deeper history here that isn't being revealed.

Have you spoken with a Lawyer!? I have to agree that the "slap" might be the straw that broke the camels back! In general if children's services removes a child/ren over a single event they work with the parent or parents to reunite them with child/ren. You fail to mention any such plan so I wonder if there is more then just the one event. Your best resource is your worker he/she can tell you what children's services requires to reunite you with child/ren

I agree with talking to a lawyer or your "case" worker & go from there.

Physically disciplining a teen is rarely effective, and the court recognizes this.

Lack of consistent parenting is not the teen's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back