want to see my niece

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokkingforinfo

my niece is living with her brothers dad who doesn't have custody of her. her mother is a drug addict and can't be reached her dad (my twin brother) is in prison. i have contacted this guy several times he used to be my friend and he won't contact me bak. what can i do to see her? can i call the cops to go get her? can my mom?

You & your Mom have no rights to her & can't go get her. You/your Mom don't have custody though it seems her brother's Dad doesn't either. Any change in "custody" from her Mom & Dad would need to be done with a lawyer & through the court system. How old is she?

Someone else may come along with some further/additional information.

my niece is living with her brothers dad who doesn't have custody of her. her mother is a drug addict and can't be reached her dad (my twin brother) is in prison. i have contacted this guy several times he used to be my friend and he won't contact me bak. what can i do to see her? can i call the cops to go get her? can my mom?

Nope. Neither of you have rights to see someone else's child. Third party visitation MIGHT be an option for your Mother though. You still don't have any standing.

Is there any evidence of drug use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back