Father has sole custody and i have visitation, what are my rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

singlemom1

Long story short, I lost custody of my kids when I could have won the case. Father had no evidence but hear say, and he paid the judge off for his ruling. However, I do have visitation. Father has sole custody and defacto custody. What are my rights when I have my children? As soon as I got my kids, he has been calling my phone constantly. Now im sure he misses them, but I let him talk to the kids once a day, other than that it's my time. I'm sorry but I don't feel I have to run to my phone every time he calls or texts. It's my time and I don't have much time with them. So can I legally tell him he can wait till I let him talk to them or what? And also can he control what I do at home or whos around our kids? I don't do it to him, and I pay my child support. He gave my clothes for them for 3 days, I have them for 2 weeks. No tooth brush or paste. Now, I will be writing it all down in my journal every time I get them but what can I do? Please tell me what my rights are.

Long story short, I lost custody of my kids when I could have won the case. Father had no evidence but hear say, and he paid the judge off for his ruling. However, I do have visitation. Father has sole custody and defacto custody. What are my rights when I have my children? As soon as I got my kids, he has been calling my phone constantly. Now im sure he misses them, but I let him talk to the kids once a day, other than that it's my time. I'm sorry but I don't feel I have to run to my phone every time he calls or texts. It's my time and I don't have much time with them. So can I legally tell him he can wait till I let him talk to them or what? And also can he control what I do at home or whos around our kids? I don't do it to him, and I pay my child support. He gave my clothes for them for 3 days, I have them for 2 weeks. No tooth brush or paste. Now, I will be writing it all down in my journal every time I get them but what can I do? Please tell me what my rights are.

You can simply change your phone number, turn it off, block his number, or allow the call to go to voice mail.

Just because YOUR phone rings doesn't mean you MUST answer it.

Dad paid off the judge? Really?

The judge is going to risk not only his career but major legal issues for himself, just to accept a quicky bribe?

Nope, sorry.

You can simply change your phone number, turn it off, block his number, or allow the call to go to voice mail.

Just because YOUR phone rings doesn't mean you MUST answer it.

If it's court ordered, she must.

I have a feeling we're not getting the whole story here, and that Dad actually has a completely different perspective...

Long story short, I lost custody of my kids when I could have won the case.
Maybe you COULD have, but, apparently, you didn't.

Father had no evidence but hear say, and he paid the judge off for his ruling.
Apparently the judge thought otherwise. And, if you go around accusing dad of bribing a judge, you can probably expect a civil suit. It's not smart unless you have both video and audio of this activity occurring.

However, I do have visitation. Father has sole custody and defacto custody.
He doesn't need "de facto" custody because he apparently has sole physical custody. Do you have shared LEGAL custody?

What are my rights when I have my children? As soon as I got my kids, he has been calling my phone constantly. Now im sure he misses them, but I let him talk to the kids once a day, other than that it's my time. I'm sorry but I don't feel I have to run to my phone every time he calls or texts. It's my time and I don't have much time with them. So can I legally tell him he can wait till I let him talk to them or what?
You have to obey the order. That's it. If the order stipulates that he has unfettered access by phone to the kids, then you have to give it. If not, then you can always offer up an explanation and then explain that the kids can call him at specified times while they are visiting you ... or, whatever works for you.

And also can he control what I do at home or whos around our kids?
That depends ... what does the order say?

I don't do it to him, and I pay my child support. He gave my clothes for them for 3 days, I have them for 2 weeks. No tooth brush or paste. Now, I will be writing it all down in my journal every time I get them but what can I do? Please tell me what my rights are.
Buy clothes and toiletries they can use when they stay with you. Those items can stay at your home for your visitation time so there will always be something for them.

If it's court ordered, she must.

I have a feeling we're not getting the whole story here, and that Dad actually has a completely different perspective...

I'm sure, but who lives like this?

Always some argument, some issue, some silly NOTHING dispute.

Damn, use some freaking common sense, people.

Life isn't hard.

Stop with the breeding, leave that to roaches, rodents, and fleas.

Give each child a cell phone, and let dad call them directly.
They're your kids, right?
You'd do ANYTHING for them, anything.
Then pop for an additional $10 a month (times 3 or 4, whatever is in your litter), buy them a cheap cell phone, let dad call the little critters directly.
You are then out of the middle man business, but get it blessed by the stupid, addled brained jurist who allegedly ordered that nonsense.
You all deserve each other - dummy daddy, meddling mammy, silly siblings, jackass jurist - you all deserve each other.
Funny, out of 7,000,000,000 sheeple, you did find each other.

Come on, stop living like a rock.

People living in caves were smarter than these creatures.

Sorry, Pro, my meds just kicked in, I'm okay now.

Lamictal works.

Last edited:
I'm sure, but who lives like this?

Always some argument, some issue, some silly NOTHING dispute.

Damn, use some freaking common sense, people.

Life isn't hard.

Stop with the breeding, leave that to roaches, rodents, and fleas.

Give each child a cell phone, and let dad call them directly.
They're your kids, right?
You'd do ANYTHING for them, anything.
Then pop for an additional $10 a month (times 3 or 4, whatever is in your litter), buy them a cheap cell phone, let dad call the little critters directly.
You are then out of the middle man business, but get it blessed by the stupid, addled brained jurist who allegedly ordered that nonsense.
You all deserve each other - dummy daddy, meddling mammy, silly siblings, jackass jurist - you all deserve each other.
Funny, out of 7,000,000,000 sheeple, you did find each other.

Come on, stop living like a rock.

People living in caves were smarter than these creatures.

Sorry, Pro, my meds just kicked in, I'm okay now.

Lamictal works.

The abject pettiness and stupidity shown by some parents just kills me.

Bah, humbug!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back