who has curent custody,

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddoi

I have a daughter that's 3 yrs old. Her mother and I split up 1yr ago. So far we have been civil and done what was needed as its needed. We haven't involved the courts yet, but I feel I should. Her mother was incarcerated (due to trafficking drugs, before I knew her ) for the first 18months of her life where I raised my child alone and kept her mother well off. When she was released, she got worst and I was always home taking care of us. Now she works as well and our schedules are conflicting. So we put her in daycare (where I am the primary caregiver) and moved my schedule to accommodate the child's needs. I have her 4 days a week, she has her 1 day and grandparents on weekend. Her mother signed power of attorney over to me while incarcerated and on state paperwork I am primary caregiver. Yet she wants to claim her on taxes where I feel I should since she did last year. What should I do, because I'm ready to let the court in , I just don't want to loose my daughter nor pay support since I have done everything up to this point.

I have a daughter that's 3 yrs old. Her mother and I split up 1yr ago. So far we have been civil and done what was needed as its needed. We haven't involved the courts yet, but I feel I should. Her mother was incarcerated (due to trafficking drugs, before I knew her ) for the first 18months of her life where I raised my child alone and kept her mother well off. When she was released, she got worst and I was always home taking care of us. Now she works as well and our schedules are conflicting. So we put her in daycare (where I am the primary caregiver) and moved my schedule to accommodate the child's needs. I have her 4 days a week, she has her 1 day and grandparents on weekend. Her mother signed power of attorney over to me while incarcerated and on state paperwork I am primary caregiver. Yet she wants to claim her on taxes where I feel I should since she did last year. What should I do, because I'm ready to let the court in , I just don't want to loose my daughter nor pay support since I have done everything up to this point.

You need to HIRE an attorney.

A free advice website is useless.

Unless you have a court order (a notarized piece of toilet paper is USELESS and MEANINGLESS), an unmarried bio-dad has nothing.

You need to establish lawful paternity via DNA testing, then seek court ordered custody and child support.

An unmarried bio-mom, even a drug slinging, drug swilling trollop has ALL the rights to custody, the notarized napkin notwithstanding.

Bio-mom could take the kid and disappear and you will still need to establish paternity (via DNA testing) and seek a court order for custody, visitation, and support.

Speak to a couple lawyers in yoru county and get the ball rolling before she gets ideas!!!!

Ok. You will still need a lawyer & work this all out in court.

As an unmarried father, you have no inherent custody or visitation rights, unless you go to court and get court ordered custody, visitation, and child support.

An unmarried mother has no obligation to even let you see the child, absent a court order.

And as far as child support goes, even with a true 50/50 time split you could still be paying Mom child support.

You dropped the ball, yet there may still be hope. You need to hire a lawyer and establish a court ordered parenting time. Based on her recent past, you should get primary. The problem is that the recent past is quickly becoming history. DO NOT WAIT ANY LONGER! Get an attorney today, file, and ask for primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back