Gaining custody of our child back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peteb619

My fiance and I signed over custody of our daughter to her biological grandmother when the child's mother (my fiance) got an oui. She is also she is a high risk parent for a past of drug abuse stemming from long before we had a child. And to protect ourselves from losing her we signed guardianship to her grandmother. We had a court date set to go to this past Monday to get custody back. We expected for the oui to be settled before the guardianship date. It wasn't. So Both myself, my fiance and the grandmother agreed that with an open case for the oui it probably wouldn't be a good idea to go thru with the hearing at this time. We tried to cancel the hearing and the only response we got was to just not show up for the court date. So that's what we did. Now the grandmother got a letter saying that we all have to go in next month for a case evaluation and my fiance's terrified that their going to take our daughter. It there anyone who can give us an idea and what to expect?

Nobody can tell you what to expect. I hope for your sake that it went well and sorry for the late reply. Many come here wanting to know what the law or an agency will do. They will ask questions. They will reach certain conclusions. If you have something to hide and fear then you know what potentially could be a problem. Other than that, you'll just need to keep calm or present yourself as someone who is unhinged at an important evaluation. You might as well put your best foot forward and appear responsible and truthful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back