Am I eligable for workers compensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleeprlegend

Hello,
I hurt my back at a job. Since I am new to the area I tried to survive the 2 weeks until my appointment with my new general practitioner. I tried to get an earlier appointment, but one was not available. One weekend I used marijuana to get some relief from the pain. That Monday I was sent in on a random drug test. On Wednesday I went to the quick care and was diagnosed with a sprained back. Over a month later I am still having back pain. I am going in to see my general practitioner to get my back looked at again soon. I was told that because of the positive drug test I was in eligible for workers compensation. Is this correct?

Yes, I'm guessing your state disqualifies addicts and abusers of ILLEGAL drugs. Shame, ain't it?

Sent from my iPhone 4S via AT&T using Tapatalk

Did you actually submit this as a WC claim when it first happened?

What did your employer say/do because of the positive drug test?

Thanks.

I'm not trying to excuse my mistake in using the drug. I accept responsibility for my actions. I was told to fill out a form detailing how I hurt my back and go to an urgent care center to have it looked at. The doctor there determined it was sprained and gave me some medication and a note saying I had 2 days leave of work. I went back to work and gave the letter to the director of safety. I told her that I wanted to stay, but be on light duty, because I was the only one that could do my work. The following week my back still hurt so I took a day of personal time off. A couple of days later the drug test results came in saying I was barely positive. At this time the general manager told me to quit and he would destroy the test results. He also promised to call the owner of another company and get me an interview if I quit immediately. He never called the other company.

I would like to state again that I am not trying to lessen my responsibility for my mistake in this situation, but with the back pain continuing a month later I am worried about what damage was done. I will know more about this once I see my general practitioner.

A couple of days later the drug test results came in saying I was barely positive. At this time the general manager told me to quit and he would destroy the test results. He also promised to call the owner of another company and get me an interview if I quit immediately. He never called the other company.

Would you please verify if you did quit your job - I'm not completely clear on that. Thanks.

The general manager told me that if I resigned then he would destroy the drug test results and help me find another job in the same industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back