should i be concerned about this call from an investigator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paultrain75

I had someone call me this afternoon and asked for Mr (my last name) and I said this is and he said (my first name) (last name)? And I said yes. And he said I'm detective so and so from the such and such police department, do you know (persons name I don't know)? And I said no and he said oh alright. We are just trying to talk to him ans figure out where he is and you are listed as one of his accomplices but sometimes this system is wrong. No biggy, thank you. And then we said bye. My questions are how did he get my cell phone number? Is it normal to be mistakenly identified as an accomplice? Could they actually be investigating me and just wanted to verify that it was my phone? Sorry to be paranoid just don't like random calls from investigators!

If you aren't a criminal then don't be concerned.
If you have been involved in some illegal activity just be cautious that you don't say anything over the phone.
It is very possible the investigator was looking for someone just as he said. Perhaps you have the same name as the alleged accomplice. There are numerous resources available from which your number may have been obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back