if anyone have an answer please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunarprincess

When I was nineteen I got pregnant and married. The marriage lasted not even a year because of many reasons. He was unfaithful and controling just to name a few. Anyway, it is now almost eleven years later, and I have been a single mother the entire time. I have sole custody of my son and he has no vistition rights. I have lived the last eleven years looking over my shoulder and wondering when he is going to strike. We all know life is short and you never know what is going to happen from day to day, so I would like to know that my son will be safe if I should suddenly leave this world. Safe is of course not being with my ex husband. How do I get him to sign over his parental rights? I need to know that my son will be safe......can anyone give me some answers? Please help me thank you so much.

You would need to see an attorney. In most cases you would have to remarry and have the stepdad adopt.

Why does he get no visitation? Is that what the court said, or is there nothing legalized?

If he has not seen the child at all in 11 years then you might have a chance at termination but sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogslie if he does not come around at anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back