Default judgment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelp1111

Hi all, I'm in need of some quick help

I got a drinking ticket a couple months back, and have a court date of June 2nd, I was at college so coming up with the 325 bucks (ouch!) didn't happen. I'm home now, and have the cash, but I was giving the ticket a look over, and read that they need to have the money 14 days before the court date?

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what I can do. Peoria is 2 hours away from me and I'd have to ask for the day off of work, wouldn't be a HUGE hassle, but annoying

Also, if it in fact is too late to send the money, and I'm forced to go to court, will there be any court fees etc. I have to pay? Can I pay them there with cash? I just want to get this thing squared away.

Thanks in advance for any help

Steve

whoops, forgot about the default judgment part. I've just been reading about it, and that's just when I don't show up I lose the decision? Is there a higher fee for that? I'm confused, because if they say they need the money 14 days before the court date, but then there's the option of a default judgement, why couldn't I just send in the money late, not show up, get a default judgement, but then they'll have my 325.

Thanks again

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back