custody battle or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

serenity1891

My ex and I's divorced was finalized around June 2012. During the whole process we still lived together in one roof with our child. We filed in Las Vegas and Claimed that I lived there even though we all lived in New Jersey to make the process quicker. In the divorce papers, my son supposedly lived with him in Nj while I lived in Las Vegas. We agreed to that so the divorce would be quicker and at the same time in the divorce papers it says that he will have full custody while I have visitation rights only. I never expected him to break his word on taking my child away from me since we still lived together until Dec. 3rd when he decided to Move to lousiana and take our son with him because of a fight we had. He has been talking to this new gf and decided that it is no longer suitable for us to live together. He lost his job in NJ and is jobless at the moment while living with his parents in Louisiana. While I still reside in NJ in my own apartment and keeping a stable job as a nurse. Do I have a chance of taking full custody of my son even if we filed divorce with some false information? Thanks.

You lied to the court and since you claimed to live in Nevada it will be difficult to prevent him from relocating to Louisiana since officially he lived in NJ and you lived halfway down the country.

You really messed this one up. If you want any chance at fixing this mess, you NEED an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back