self insured marine contractor ignores its obligations. never pays a medical bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

468bklynbound

injured on job, maritime construction.contractor had no fed comp.u.s. dept of labor hearing contractor assumed self insured statis. has never responded to dr s request to mri,ct scan nor orthoscopic exploritory surgery. my union insurance had to be used as a medical nessessity. had left shoulder surgery union payed for too. my w/c lawyer has me on back burner as there is little money for his firm. I have my w/c checks withheld weeks on end if I should dare submit out of pocket expenses. is all this legal. i worked hard and was gainfully employed.i lost the ability to perform my occupation as a heavy construction marine dockbuilder of 18 years. contractor offered a very small settlement. equal to three and a half years work income before taxes. concidering contractor has not met its self insured obligations,and tries to i guess hurt me financialy by holding my w/c checks weeks on end when i submit out of pocket expenses. can i get them with a breach of contract, or sue not the company but the officals of the company"owners" for the deliberate actions they knowingly take against me.for who am i than just a worker. how is this legal. dont i have any avenues other than the bounds of the u.s. dept of labor hearing. can i sue the owners out rite.they are the decission makers.and have choosen to ignore my recovery needs medically. this has been 13 years of this harrasment i call it. i wanted to return to work as soon as possible.i loved my job. after 2 years i realised injuries were perminent. i ve retired. but still in cronic pain. it interfers with my daily activity and sleep.i dream i am in pain in crazy dreams only to awake cause of the pain. is there any lawyers that can help me. i want them to pay for what they knowingly are doing to me. or am i just a worker that has no justice. and the contractor a corporation that can do what it wants with no reprecautions by law. is this legal.

You have a complicated mess which needs to be reviewed by a personal injury attorney who can review the details.
Yes, you can bring a lawsuit, but a better question is do you have a strong claim and against who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back