residential parent for school purposes only

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisy

Hello, my ex and I went to court and agreed to switch him to residential parent for school purposes only. The decree says he is the residential parent for school purposes only..the judge asked us if we wanted to change anything else and I said no, I want to keep my visitation the same. I did agree to stopping child support because my ex promised to pay all of school expenses..clothes ect. Well now here it is 2 years later..my ex will not follow the court ordered visitation schedule and is convinced now he has my visitation schedule and I have his..he threatens me every few months with taking me back is rto court...and making me pay him child support...I don't know what to do..all I know is me and my child cannot live like this any longer..any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm really just trying to figure out if being residential parent for school purposes only change the court ordered visitation automatically..or if it what I think it is...just for school/address purposes...

You are both required to follow the court order.
If you want the order changed you have to return to court to do so.
The person ordered to pay child support on the order, must do as the order directs.
If either person is violating the order, you must take the other person back to court to address the situation.
If you want to avoid going to court, do as the order says.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Would changing the residential parent for school purposes only affect the visitation that was already court ordered or would that have been seperate?

Would changing the residential parent for school purposes only affect the visitation that was already court ordered or would that have been seperate?

I can't say, but it should be in your existing order.
Common sense tells me that the order might have simply been amended to address the schooling issue.
If that is the case, one could suppose that nothing else would have changed.
Were you represented by attorneys?
If you were, ask the attorney.
Otherwise, read the order and see what it has to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back