Consumer Law, Warranties kirby vacuum contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

insulatorms

a little over a week ago a guy knocks on my door and asks if he can come in and clean two rooms of carpet for free, i said whats the catch what are you trying to sell me? he said nothing he just wanted me to keep him in mind in the future.. so i let him in and it turns out he was selling kirby vacuumes. so he cleaned one room of carpet and gave us his pitch and offered a good deal so i said yes, he called the finance company and they declined me within five minutes. so my husband said he would use his name to get it for me since the sales guy offered a great deal, $899.00. he called the finance co. and my husband got on the phone and they said he was approved, so he signed the papers gave them our old vacuum and he left. one week later the guy returns saying his boss said he couldnt sell it for that price and he either needed the vacuum back or for us to purchase it for 1400.00, i told them they werent getting it back and we have a contract that says 899.00, they left and came back with a sheriff and the sheriff looked at the paperwork and tried to talk us into giving the kirby back. the kirby guy was even offering to give us a hundered dollars cash and he was saying my husband wasnt approved. but on the phone that night with the finance co. they said he was approved, anyway when he was leaving he said the kirby co. will take me to court and sue me for the vac. and damages, how is this is we have a signed contract and it states the amount and how much the monthly payments will be? now if it was viceversa i would not be able to get out of this contract, so do i need to worry?

a little over a week ago a guy knocks on my door and asks if he can come in and clean two rooms of carpet for free, i said whats the catch what are you trying to sell me? he said nothing he just wanted me to keep him in mind in the future.. so i let him in and it turns out he was selling kirby vacuumes. so he cleaned one room of carpet and gave us his pitch and offered a good deal so i said yes, he called the finance company and they declined me within five minutes. so my husband said he would use his name to get it for me since the sales guy offered a great deal, $899.00. he called the finance co. and my husband got on the phone and they said he was approved, so he signed the papers gave them our old vacuum and he left. one week later the guy returns saying his boss said he couldnt sell it for that price and he either needed the vacuum back or for us to purchase it for 1400.00, i told them they werent getting it back and we have a contract that says 899.00, they left and came back with a sheriff and the sheriff looked at the paperwork and tried to talk us into giving the kirby back. the kirby guy was even offering to give us a hundered dollars cash and he was saying my husband wasnt approved. but on the phone that night with the finance co. they said he was approved, anyway when he was leaving he said the kirby co. will take me to court and sue me for the vac. and damages, how is this is we have a signed contract and it states the amount and how much the monthly payments will be? now if it was viceversa i would not be able to get out of this contract, so do i need to worry?

No, there is no need to worry over what you can't control.

Will they sue you?

No one knows.

If you are sued, it isn't the end of the world.

It appears if you are sued, you'll be sued for $600 or so.

You'll likely be sued in small claims, and you bring your proof.

If what you say is true, you'll likely prevail and be able to keep what you think is a good deal.

The worst that can happen, from what you say, is you'll be ordered to pay an additional $600, plus court costs, and maybe their legal fees.

None of that matters now, because you chose to take the hard road.

You sealed your fate and lost your chance to negotiate.

But, many times after tempers cool, lawsuits never are filed.

So, Kirby might just do nothing, but fire the salesman.

But, that's not your problem, because you got what you believe to be "a good deal"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back