Is there anything else i can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailbox9731

I work in a factory on he same job for months not knowing this part that I was making was suppose to have a rotation on it of people because many people have got hurt doing the same part every day. I felt a pain in my shoulder and told my supervisor about it but kept working because I thought it was just a pulled muscle, then a week later I told him that it was still bothering me and he sent me to the nurse who told me just to take some ibproven and see her at the end of the week if it was still bothering me. I saw her again at the beginning of the next week because it still was bothering me and she made me a appointment with the works doctor which scared me because this doctor is a joke. I went and seen their doctor who was very mean to me (didn't really examine me at all) and told me that i had a pinched nerve in my neck due to smoking and not occupational which I told him my neck was not bothering me, it was my shoulder. I went to the hospital right after that and had it looked at. The doctor at the hospital examined me and to some xrays. He told me that I had rotator cuff tendinitise and told me to stay off work for a week and to see another doctor who is an occupational therapist. I took the work paper to my work and told the nurse what the hospital said and also that I was going to an occupational therapist too. She was not to happy about it and said that workmans comp. might deny me becazuse of the different doctors opinions. She also said that she would have to see if their doctor would change his opinion about it or not. In the meantime the nurse said she would fax over everything to workmans comp.. I saw the therapist who said the same thing that the doctor at the hospital said and gave me a work slip that was light duty and to see him in a week. I talked to workmans comp. which they told me that my claim was denied because my employer is saying that it is apinched nerve in my neck and not my shoulder. I talked to the nurse at work to see what was going on and she said they were sticking with what their doctor says. She also told me since my workmans comp was denied that they did not have to follow any restrictions that were placed on me because of it. She said the onl;y thing I could do was file for short term disability but if I get denied then I would recieve points for all the time I was off and you only need 5 to be fired. I had no choice but to and I also talked to a lawyer who took my case and told me to make sure that i put on the form for short term disability that I do believe that it was a work injury but I was denied workmans comp. I did this and then saw the occupational therapist again who gave me another work slip with limitations, not to lift anything over 5 pounds which my work would not honor. I finally got an answer from short term disability 3 weeks later saying that it was denied because work only has an non-occupational policy and me and my docotrs and even them believe that it is a work injury. Well after I heard this I talked to the benifits rep and union at work and found out that the company has a big say if short term disability is approved or not. I told this to my lawyer who said that they are trying to screw me over and get me to drop everything. I was off for a month so I would have a lot of points right now and probably will be fired later.The therapist said that I could go back with no restrictions and see him in two weeks to see how I am doing. The workmans comp attorney I have is kind of backing away because he said it would cost me more than what I would get to prove my case. He still filed for a hearing with workmans comp and also said that hopefully it will go over easy and not much trouble. He also said that it would be a while before it goes for a hearing because of how overbooked the courts are and that my work knows this. THe union at my work says that they can try to fight the points for now saying that the claim is still being disputed until it is resolved then we can go from there. I am back to work but it seems like work is not treating me right now. What everyone does not understand is that I loss about a months worth of income and I am the only person that is working. We are so behind in everything now I had to take loans out to keep my utilities on. Is there anything else I can do?

The union at work said that they could not file a grievence against work for the accident or anything because they have no control over that stuff just the poins that I may get. They said that they had talked to national and national told them this.

The union at work said that they could not file a grievence against work for the accident or anything because they have no control over that stuff just the poins that I may get. They said that they had talked to national and national told them this.

If YOUR union can't help you, your best bet is YOUR attorney.

Or, seek another attorney to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back