Workmens compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooterc1

I have 2 jobs full time and part time got hurt on part time job ruptured petilla and will be out of work for 3 to 6 months but workmens comp. tell me they will not pay lost wages from full time job because it's not a like job (as in same kind of job I got hurt on) but is paying for all else and I cant live without my full time pay. What grounds do I have for a law suit to recover lost wages of full time job?

None. They have no legal obligations to pay you anything for any job but the one you got hurt on.

I have 2 jobs full time and part time got hurt on part time job ruptured petilla and will be out of work for 3 to 6 months but workmens comp. tell me they will not pay lost wages from full time job because it's not a like job (as in same kind of job I got hurt on) but is paying for all else and I cant live without my full time pay. What grounds do I have for a law suit to recover lost wages of full time job?

You took a risk by working at another job.

This is why professional athletes have clauses in their contracts that prohibit them from engaging in dangerous pursuits during the off season.

Sorry, but "cbg" gave you the correct answer.

I wish you well, and I hope you heal quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back