trust/probate

Status
Not open for further replies.

probate

My grandfather has a living trust and now is deceased. My mother was named sucessor trustee and sole Beneficiary, she has recently passed. In the trust, its names my sister as trustee if my mother passes before my grandfather. Does this trust still hold as her being the Trustee?? Also there is a property in the trust, or do we have to do probate and all her assets and property are split among the heirs? We obtained an attorney in which now we beleive he has streered us wrong, he is tellingus now that my grandfather's trust holds up and the trustee named (my sister) will be Trustee of my mothers estate, which she passed before her trust was signed. What is legal and binding in regards to either porbate or this trust??? Please help family very upset now.

Trusts are often complicated. Without seeing the how the trust is written, I'm reluctant to say.
I suggest you consult another attorney. Make sure the new attorney specializes in trusts and/or estate law.
From you say, the trust may not have been what you thought it was.
It may not have been a true trust, rather more of a will. Trusts are very unique entities. Seek your own attorney and get another opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back