Facebook privacy lawsuit - what are my rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartmouthkid

I saw that there is a Facebook lawsuit and it looks like a class action lawsuit for violations of user privacy. I have a Facebook account (actually I have three :) ). Does this mean that every member of Facebook might receive money to compensate for loss of privacy?

I participated in a winning class action suit once. I think I got $3.47.

I'm serious.

I participated in a winning class action suit once. I think I got $3.47.

I'm serious.
LOL... I know you are. Aren't you glad that the lawyers brought that suit and put that bad defendant in it's place?

But seriously, sometimes this isn't such a bad thing. It's civil lawyers who are prosecuting offenders whom a state prosecutor would not or could not pursue in criminal court, possibly due to law or just the limitation of resources. If you get $3.47 and it prevents abuses from happening again, that's a good thing.

With regard to Facebook, I have a great deal to say about the privacy issues that are currently affecting the state of the Internet and you'll all be able to read them shortly! You might be very surprised. In short, there is something resembling privacy fearmongering going on in this country. Our federal government is anxious to not wait too long to pass some type of "Do Not Track" legislation (or self-regulatory guidelines) or feel embarrassed that the EU has already set forth cookie legislation. Privacy issues are hot. Might as well sue while there is outrage, especially about Facebook which is rumored to be running wild with personal profiling (with information that people are voluntarily uploading and more.)

This is far from over. Look forward to sharing more tomorrow evening. This is an interesting topic.

Really looking forward to it - I've wondered about fearmongering for an awful long time now!

my acc has been hacked for 3 weeks , noone will do a damn thing! asking for money to give it back... fb wants 150.00 to give it back!!!! ok so we have internet fraud, identy theft, extorson , About to contact local new's and get a LAWYERRRRRRR ............ OH lets not forget the mental shit this has caused.....THEY KNOW BETTER THEN TO ANSWER THE PHONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back