Do I have a case???

Status
Not open for further replies.

marjory

After thinking it over and over for 5 years, I came with my 2 minors from a previous relationship from Amsterdam, to this country, to marry my husband, love him and tried to be a good wife to my best knowledge. I am now five years in the USA, and have two sons with my husband.
2 years ago I found out he flew back ex wife, who was in New York, kept her as a second wife here, and fathered a second child by her.
We are now separated for 1 ½ years after I found out, and ever since he is living with her.
He had debts, and filed for bankruptcie. The bank sold the house , he got (as he says ) $61000.00 out of it. We are still married, and my question is ,Am I entitled to a part of that money, because he claims it is his, since he had the house before I came, and his name is on the title only? My two older sons are still minors, and their father has passed away, is he still responsible for them, sinds he singed their green card application? So can I ask for child support for them too?

you can only get child support for the two children you had before you came to this country if he legaly adopted them.

You cannot ask for support on the 2 children if they are not his biologically. If he did not adopt them legally, he is not responsible.

As far as you getting part of the proceeds on the house, yes he could legally owe you money but you did not mention what state you are in.

You might have some automatic interest in the house but you really need to see an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back