Am I legaly responsible for my mothers nursing home bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiep

I live in florida and my mother is in a nursing home in Mass. My brother has power of attorney. I recently recieve a letter from the nursing home saying that 60,200.00 is owed. My brother is uncoperative and I don't know how the nursing home got my address and I have not seen my mother in years. thank you

I live in florida and my mother is in a nursing home in Mass. My brother has power of attorney. I recently recieve a letter from the nursing home saying that 60,200.00 is owed. My brother is uncoperative and I don't know how the nursing home got my address and I have not seen my mother in years. thank you xxxxx@xxxmail.cxm

Sigh, :yawn: no, :no: you are NOT legally responsible for your mother's bills!

These days, obtaining personal information is very easy :yes:.

Perhaps, :dunno: mom gave them your information, erroneously thinking you might help.

It doesn't matter, because if mom receives social INsecurity, eventually they'll pay (meaning the TAXPAYERS of the USA) YOUR mom's bills!

If she doesn't receive any type of social INsecurity (most people will eventually get SSI in lieu), the state (meaning the TAXPAYERS of your state) will step in and pay YOUR mom's bills.

Unless you want LOTS of spam email from those African princes, widows of rich crooks, or all manner and assortment of con-artists and scammers; I suggest you redact your email address!!!

Last edited:
Did you have any part in placing mom into the nursing home. Did you sign any documents of any kind. If not, then no responsibility. If you did, then maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back